bash: scp: command not found

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Sat Feb 5 00:28:58 EST 2000

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:15:45 -0700 (MST), you wrote:
> >1. Make each user add /usr/local/bin (or wherever scp is) to their path in
> >their ~/.bashrc
>
> That doesn't suffice.
>
> >3. Add an option to ssh to pass a path to the shell (i've seen this in
> >commercial ssh-1.2.27 as --with-path). And then recompile it.
>
> For openssh, this is --with-default-path and works fine. This is the
> way to go.

I personally feel that if you set --prefix=/usr/local to install,
/usr/local/bin should be automatically added to the default path ...

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"