Idle time out

Di Zhao dzhao1 at gl.umbc.edu
Fri Feb 18 02:35:18 EST 2000

Thank you for the answer. But my telnet session has far longer time out
than the ssh session. And when I check the Secure SSH, they do have such a
IdelTimeout function. The KeepAlive doesn't have much to do with this case
I am afraid.
 On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> dzhao1 at gl.umbc.edu said:
> > My ssh connection times out every 10 minutes or so and I want it to
> > keep open for like 3 hours so that I don't have to relogin.
>
> This would normally be a function of the shell/utilties/policy on the
> box you are logging into and nothing to do with ssh.
>
> There is a keep-alive function - this I understand is done by putting a
> keep-alive on the socket used, and the timeouts cannot be easily
> tweaked on OSes I use.
>
> 	Nigel.
> --
> [ - Opinions expressed are personal and may not be shared by VData - ]
> [ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]
> [ Phone: +44 1423 850000                         Fax +44 1423 858866 ]

-- "My grandpa told me to remember two things in life. Look out
   for Number One, and remember your number" - Orville Cogswell
-- http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/dizhao/index.html