rpm 3.0.3 required

Keld Jørn Simonsen keld at dkuug.dk
Sun Feb 20 06:21:13 EST 2000

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 11:19:24AM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Keld [iso-8859-1] Jørn Simonsen wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I was a bit puzzled when I tried to install
> > openssh-server-1.2.2-1.i386.rpm on
> > my redhat 6.0 system, it required rpm 3.0.3 - while I only have 3.0
> >
> > Is it really necessary to require rpm 3.0.3 ?
>
> Try rebuilding the SRPM.

Well, I could probably do a number of things to remedy this.

But my point is that I would expect a number of other people
having the same trouble, and it thus would be advisable for
your project to pack the export files with a slightly less
bleeding edge rpm, so that the binaries could be installed
off-the-shelf on most systems.

Else people have to install new rpm, or recompile it from sources
or the like. Not so expedient.

Kind regards
Keld Simonsen