No subject

gedl at yacctas.yacc.com.au gedl at yacctas.yacc.com.au
Thu Feb 24 22:20:45 EST 2000

Hi,

I have just compiled the openssh server and client utilities on HP-UX using
the ANSI C compiler from HP. The following notes may help some others that
wish to do the same.

THe problem reported with login.c can be fixed by adding a }. You need
to match them up.

I run with TCB. The port did not handle it well. I disabled PAM support.
I use a password longer than 8 chars. I needed to use bigcrypt() instead
of crypt. Needed to compile with -lsec and needed to specify HAVE_SHADOW_H.

I am not a professional programmer so I kludged the programs to make them
work. Happy to share them if you want to do it properly

Apologies if this is the wrong spot to post

Regards

Ged