ANNOUNCE: openssh-1.2.1pre24

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Sat Jan 1 01:06:56 EST 2000

Upgraded to this one, got it compiled and installed, and now I'm getting:

> ssh dragon

dragon:/var/src/openssh-1.2.1pre24> /usr/slocal/sbin/sshd -d
debug: sshd version OpenSSH-1.2.1
Server listening on port 22.
Generating 768 bit RSA key.
RSA key generation complete.
debug: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
Connection from 131.162.138.223 port 636
debug: Client protocol version 1.5; client software version 1.2.26
debug: Sent 768 bit public key and 1024 bit host key.
debug: Encryption type: 3des
debug: Received session key; encryption turned on.
debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.
debug: Calling cleanup 0x806028c(0x0)

Tried regenerating the server key, and removing it from my
.ssh/known_hosts and regenerating there...no change...

Not sure where else to look ...

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Damien Miller wrote:

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"