TCP port forwarding troubles?

Markus Friedl markus.friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Jan 2 23:42:42 EST 2000

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 02:22:09AM -0800, Phil Karn wrote:
> Before I dig into the problem, has anyone else out there heavily
> exercised TCP port forwarding in openssh?

yes, i experience this, too, but no, i did not look into this yet.
i am using portforwarding for connections to webproxies, too.
i think, the problem has been fixed in ssh-1.2.2x since i remember
having the same problem with older versions of the 1.2.x family.
note that all the forwarded channels are locked, but you still
can control ssh with the ~ escape character and list all forwarded
connections.

-markus

Supported escape sequences:
~.  - terminate connection
~^Z - suspend ssh
~#  - list forwarded connections
~&  - background ssh (when waiting for connections to terminate)
~?  - this message
~~  - send the escape character by typing it twice
(Note that escapes are only recognized immediately after newline.)