OpenSSH protocol 1.6 proposal

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Tue Jan 4 00:00:11 EST 2000

Markus Friedl <markus.friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 06:15:48AM -0500, David Rankin wrote:
> > Speaking completely without facts, I am personally skeptical about
> > enhancing the 1.x protocol when all of the standards processes are
> > focused on getting 2.0 out the door. That said, I am willing to be
> > convinced on the matter.
>
> i have put the latest revisions of my SSH 1.6 patches to
> 	http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~msfriedl/openssh/

Quick question.  Does this fall foul of this clause in the license:

   Any derived versions of this software must be clearly marked as
   such, and if the derived work is incompatible with the protocol
   description in the RFC file, it must be called by a name other than
   "ssh" or "Secure Shell".

If so, are these new features worth losing the right to call the
executable ssh?

Cheers, Phil.
--
Boycott Amazon! ---  http://linuxtoday.com/stories/13652.html