OpenSSH protocol 1.6 proposal

David Rankin drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us
Tue Jan 4 01:27:33 EST 2000

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 02:46:49PM -0500, Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Markus Friedl wrote:

> > and yes, having openssh speak SSH-2.0 would be nice.
> > mail me if you are interested in helping implement 2.0.

> Of course!

Since it looks like there's a significant interest in this, I propose
that we look at an "OpenSSH 2" project. At this point, we need a mailing
list. I'd love to host the list, but the US laws make that too painful for
me should someone post encryption code.

Once we get someone to make a list, I think we can start working on
the details. No use flooding security at FreeBSD.org or openssh-dev-list
with a lot of off-topic discussion (and can stop the monster CC:... :)

David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.