OpenSSH protocol 1.6 proposal

David Rankin drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us
Tue Jan 4 08:20:48 EST 2000

On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 03:21:12PM -0500, Jim Knoble wrote:
> Is there a reason why we ought not to use openssh-unix-dev?  It's
> already here, and i suspect most folks on the list would be interested
> in an SSH-Protocol-2.0 implementation.  I don't particularly think it's
> off-topic, either (except for the bit about whether certain folks can
> be communicated with effectively).

It's Damien's list, so his will be the deciding opinion, but IMHO
openssh-unix-dev isn't the best place for the discussion since it's
for development of the OpenSSH 1.2.1 port. OpenSSH 2.0 is going to be
(at first) a design and organization effort that will interfere with the
"daily business" of OpenSSH 1.2 on a shared list.

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.