OpenSSH protocol 1.6 proposal

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Tue Jan 4 06:41:27 EST 2000

Eivind Eklund <eivind at FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

> * a default of sending out agent forwarding
> * no way to change the default and still selectively forward
>
> The patches for the latter two problems are trivial; I'm including
> them below for completeness.

I've included this in the Debian packages of ssh and OpenSSH for some
time.  I also disable X forwarding by default, since that allows
classic X attacks to be launched by untrustworthy remote systems.

These patches should be accepted upstream IMO.

As ever, my openssh stuff can be found here:

 http://www.hands.com/~phil/debian/openssh/openssh_1.2.1pre24-1.diff.gz

I think all changes except the debian/ directory itself should be
either useful or at worst harmless upstream.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Boycott Amazon! ---  http://linuxtoday.com/stories/13652.html