Ack...OpenSSH no longer compatible with SSH 1.2.26 clients?

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Tue Jan 4 11:44:47 EST 2000

Okay, I think that kinda narrows it down a bit ... I'm running Solaris
7/x86 as well...

On 2 Jan 2000, Chris Green wrote:

> I'm getting this exact symptom on solaris 7 pre24 server being connected to
> from a pre24 linux client.
>
> Connection from scott port 1023
> debug: Client protocol version 1.5; client software version OpenSSH-1.2.1
> debug: Sent 768 bit public key and 1024 bit host key.
> debug: Encryption type: 3des
> debug: Received session key; encryption turned on.
> debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
> Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.
> debug: Calling cleanup 0x2862c(0x0)
>
> SSH Version OpenSSH-1.2.1, protocol version 1.5.
> Compiled with SSL (RSAref version).
>
> The solaris sshd install is a clean first time install.
> --
> Chris Green <sprout at dok.org> <grapeape at uab.edu>
> To err is human, to moo bovine.

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"