A clue to solaris problem?

Chris Green sprout at dok.org
Thu Jan 6 01:07:02 EST 2000

"Marc G. Fournier" <marc.fournier at acadiau.ca> writes:
> ==========
> sshing did still work last week, but you had to use the blowfish
> encryption protocol instead of 3des that is used by default.
> ==========

debug: sshd version OpenSSH-1.2.1
Server listening on port 22.
Generating 768 bit RSA key.
RSA key generation complete.
debug: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
Connection from scott port 1021
debug: Client protocol version 1.5; client software version
OpenSSH-1.2.1
debug: Sent 768 bit public key and 1024 bit host key.
debug: Encryption type: blowfish
debug: Received session key; encryption turned on.
debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug: Starting up PAM with username "sprout"
debug: Attempting authentication for sprout.
Failed rsa for sprout from 138.26.15.145 port 1021
debug: PAM Password authentication accepted for user "sprout"
Accepted password for sprout from 138.26.15.145 port 1021

from pre24 on linux/x86  -> pre24 sol7/sparc

So I'd say the conclusion that 3des might be the source of the problem
might be appropriate.
--
Chris Green <sprout at dok.org> <grapeape at uab.edu>