openssh-1.2.1pre24 on SCO

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Jan 6 09:54:12 EST 2000

Yo All!

Sorry if this is obvious but I am new to openssh.  I have used the
original ssh for a while and am familiar with it (and it's
restrictive license).

I am trying to port openssh-1.2.1pre24 on to SCO UnixWare 7.1.0.  I
will post the small patches when it is really running.

Two problems, SCO has no /dev/random so I installed egd-0.6.  It
usually works but sometimes dies.  I have sent the details to the
egd folks.

The other problem is odd and affects both ssh and sshd.

If I ssh to a known good sshd, then I get this after the host
keys are exchanged:
	Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.

The sshd is a bit more strange. The first inbound connection to the
sshd on the SCO succeeds, but until the first one disconnects, no
other connects will succeed.

I get this message at the remote (a known good ssh on a Linux host) when
trying to connect to the SCO sshd:

And this from the sshd on the SCO when the second connect comes in:
	Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.

Any ideas on how to fix it or trouble shoot it?

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Ave, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676