IPv6 support in OpenBSD CVS

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Fri Jan 7 19:06:38 EST 2000

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Jim Knoble wrote:
>
> > : This could be worked around by liberal use of #ifdefs through the
> > : code, but this is something that I am loathe to do. One of my goals
> > : has been to keep the _source_ differences as small as possible between
> > : the OpenBSD source and my own.
> >
> > Damien, is this something that could be worked around using wrapper
> > functions or macro definitions instead?  That's the sort of thing i'd
> > recommend, if it's possible.
>
> Possibly, this is the route I would prefer to take.
>
> Just to be clear - I _do_ want our port of OpenSSH to be IPv6 capable,
> just not for the 1.2.1.0 release. I feel that getting this working
> cross-platform would take too long. As always, I would be happy to be
> proved wrong :)

About how much of the code put into our version of the OpenASSH
port migrates back into the main CVS souce tree?  If most of
it then at this point it should be easy to provide a patch
set to IPv6 and provide it out to the list for those who
want to attempt the inital port.  Even if it's just locating
and building stubs into our current version to support IPv6
down the road.