ANNOUNCE: x11-ssh-askpass v1.0

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Fri Jan 7 21:23:19 EST 2000

x11-ssh-askpass version 1.0 is available.  IMPORTANT: Its location has
changed.

  OLD Location: http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/jmk/

  NEW Location: http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/software/x11-ssh-askpass/

Changes from 0.99 are slight:

  - Now installs as `x11-ssh-askpass', with symlink `ssh-askpass' that
    points there.  This allows Damien to use `make ... install' to
    install it instead of hardcoded stuff in his spec file [Damien:
    hint-hint].

Since Damien has integrated it into his spec files for the OpenSSH RPM
packages, i see no reason to make a separate spec file for
x11-ssh-askpass.  Hence, this is version 1.0.  May it not have to
change.  :)

[Matthieu: I've made a slight change from your fix to the potential
 memory leak in dynlist.c.  Formerly (with or without the leak),
 append_to_buf() would set the buffer to NULL if the realloc() failed,
 causing the contents of the buffer to be lost.  I've made the behavior
 less destructive; the calling application should check the return
 value to ensure the realloc() succeeded.  All your other actual code
 changes should be present in 1.0, except for the Imakefile.]

--
jim knoble
jmknoble at pobox.com