IPv6 support in OpenBSD CVS

Markus Friedl markus.friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jan 7 21:13:46 EST 2000

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 02:06:38AM -0600, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
> Even if it's just locating
> and building stubs into our current version to support IPv6
> down the road.

my IPv6 changes consist mostly of a replacement of the calls to
gethostbyname/inet_ntoa with the new getaddrinfo/getnameinfo API
from rfc 2553. sockaddr_in is replaced with sockaddr_storage
or sockaddr.

there is already a getaddrinfo-emulation for 'older' systems
in the original ipv6-patch from
        ftp://ftp.kyoto.wide.ad.jp/pub/security/ssh/IPv6/
look for gai.h getaddrinfo.c getnameinfo.c and the configure
changes.

-markus