ANNOUNCE: openssh-1.2.1pre25

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat Jan 8 09:55:08 EST 2000

Yo Damien!

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> I would rather fix the tests so that these are auto-detected.
If you are up for it, then I am.

> The CRYPT_H_BREAKS_BUILD isn't there any more.
Confirmed.  SCO works OK without it.

> Do you need to include any special libraries for the innetgr()
> function?
Just -lsocket

BTW, getspnam() is what requires -lgen

> Why did you need to define HAVE_U_INTXX_T again?

Otherwise I get this warning message a whole lot:
UX:acomp: WARNING: "./defines.h", line 77: typedef redeclared: u_int16_t
UX:acomp: WARNING: "./defines.h", line 78: typedef redeclared: u_int32_t

I hate warning messages because the bugs are usually hiding amoung them
somewhere...

The u_intXX_t is in /usr/include/sys/bitypes.h.

bitypes.h is pulled in directly by:
	netdb.h
	resolv.h
	arpa/inet.h
	arpa/nameser.h
	net/if_dl.h
	netinet/if_ether.h
	netinet/in.h
	netinet/in6.h
	netinet/in6_f.h
	sys/bitypes.h
	sys/convsa.h
	sys/socket.h
	sys/un.h

And sys/socket.h is always called by defines.h

So, for at least the SCO case, if you included sys.socket.h in your
test for u_int16_t that should work.

Other traffic on this list has mentioned that this is a fatal error
on Solaris.

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Ave, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676