Man pages on HPUX (and others?)

Andre Lucas andre.lucas at dial.pipex.com
Sat Jan 8 12:21:59 EST 2000

HPUX doesn't seem to ship with a set of troff macros that can handle the
OpenSSH manpages. Maybe other OSs have this problem?

Rather than sodding about with the tmac/ directory, I think we should do
one of two things:

1. Ship a set of preformatted manpages, and either auto-install them in
   $prefix/man/cat{1,1m} or just have instructions in INSTALL to do so
2. Recommend users install groff ;-)

Neither is great, but as things stand right now HP users get garbage for
manpages. It's not too much effort to provide them with pages
preprocessed by a decent troff implementation, so I think we should do
so. Opinions?

-Andre
--
Andre Lucas <andre.lucas at dial.pipex.com>