Slackware 4.0: wtmp and pty.c problems

Benjamin Charron iretd at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 12 10:49:14 EST 2000

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 09:44:12AM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> > If I then edit pty.c and add a line after the test, unconditionally
> > undefining HAVE_DEV_PTMX like this:
>
> It looks like you are running a 2.2.x kernel or at least have the
> Unix98 pty device nodes., but are lacking the openpty() function
> in your libc.
>
> > /* Pty allocated with _getpty gets broken if we do I_PUSH:es to it. */
> > #if defined(HAVE__GETPTY) || defined(HAVE_OPENPTY)
> > #undef HAVE_DEV_PTMX
> > #endif
> >
> > #undef HAVE_DEV_PTMX
> >
> > Then everything compiles, installs and functions ALMOST normally.

Sorry if this message is innapropriate for the list;

Anyhow, I don't know if it matters / if it's related, but I get a similar
behavior under Slack 7.0 with GNU Screen 3.9.4.. I start it up and it
terminates complaining about I_PUSH stuff.. [ie: can't make it work on
slack7 boxes]. Would slack's glibc screwed up?

--
Benjamin Charron (bcharron at bigfoot.com)
[ICQ : 2097711]

Dyslexics have more fnu.