pre25 not honoring .rhosts?

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Fri Jan 14 00:49:29 EST 2000

One our servers at work, I use ssh/rdist to sync binaries on various
machines...one master server, several client machines.  This requires the
ability to ssh to the remote host without a password, so I have a .rhosts
setup on the remote host, trusting the 'central server'...

With pre25, I can't seem to get this to work anymore...

I have

PermitRootLogin yes
IgnoreRhosts no

set ... but it keeps prompting me for a password ... even as a regular
user, the .rhosts are being ignored ...

I'm still investigating on this end, in case its something I overlooked,
but can anyone else confirm/deny this?

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"