solaris 2.5.1 still no good

Ben Taylor bent at clark.net
Fri Jan 14 01:02:13 EST 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, David Rankin wrote:

> Please, please NO, don't do this. Instead, try to find snprintf, and
> iff that fails, search for __snprintf. This makes the search more OS
> independant, since you're searching for features, not OS characteristics.
> (I know, it's a pain. Welcome to autoconf.)

The way I fixed the problem was to add a set of function prototypes
and #defines surrounded by an #ifdef HAVE___SNPRINTF in defines.h
and to #define HAVE_SNPRINTF, HAVE_VSNPRINTF and HAVE___SNPRINTF.
No code outside of defines.h and a single define in config.h
is all that's needed.

> I'm just too used to the Dynix/HP-UX9/SunOS4/etc. days where you had a
> soup of "ifdef OS" code that autoconf was designed to fix.

I understand your pain.  I tried to make the fix as elegant as
possible.

Ben