Mostly good news on the NeXT front.

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Sun Jan 16 18:36:07 EST 2000

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Jim Knoble wrote:
>
> > Ben, does NeXT have setenv()?  If it does, you might be able to get
> > away with making a wrapper that uses either putenv() or setenv(),
> > depending on what's available.  That would be much better than trying
> > to use glibc code.
>
> I have a replacement setenv which uses putenv already in bsd-misc.c.

I think you mean a putenv() that uses setenv() =)  putenv() is posix where
setenv() was done pre-posix.=)

> It would be amusing to have to do the reverse as well.

There are some OSes that lack both.

BTW.. all my NeXT patchs will be delayed since I have to redo my NeXT box
and move it up to 4.2 to start setting it up for my website.  So hopefully
I'll have that done in a few days.