minor prob with spec file

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 21:28:28 EST 2000

mw at wierdlmpc.msci.memphis.edu said:
> The openssl rpm needs to be installed on the system *before* the
> openssh-server rpm is installed.  This is because the openssh-server's
> post script does the host key generation.

although I agree with your diagnosis that that is *one* way to fix the
problem, I actually think it is the wrong solution...

generating keys on the fly at install I think is incorrect - it can
cause problems with install sets run at initial install (ie for systems
which install ssh when they first install rather than as an add on
package).  For this reason I always take the key generation script out
of the rpm scripts set and put it into the start of the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd script start section - hence on first installed
boot the key is generated.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]