Great, another rhosts bug ...

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Tue Jan 18 06:43:48 EST 2000

Wow, this is definitely turning out to not be my month ... upgrade all the
servers to OpenSSH due to SSH1.2.26 vulnerabilities ... .rhosts doesn't
work anymore :(

Get that fixed ... now rhosts of usera:hosta -> userb:hostb, where
userb:hostb's rhosts has 'hosta usera' in it fails ...

I don't know if these are problems specific to Solaris 7 or not, but can
ppl check their machines to see whether this is just me, or a problem?

I'm running pre25, and the pre26/pre27 releases don't look like they
address this, but am going to download pre27 and recheck that ...

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"