AIX- 'Host not found' in getaddrinfo("0.0.0.0", "22" , ...)

Darren_Hall at progressive.com Darren_Hall at progressive.com
Wed Jan 19 01:26:33 EST 2000

> while openssh-1.2.1pre25 ran out-of-the box, in openssh-1.2.1pre27 the
> sshd fails to start with: "Host not found" returned...
> (gcc 2.9.5.2 under AIX 4.3.2 ML 2)

I can't duplicate this, although I'm using the AIX native compiler.  I have
found a couple issues with pre27 release.

Quick fix, the config.h.in file, please change

#endif _CONFIG_H

#endif /* _CONFIG_H */

There's also a problem with u_int8_t, as defined within fake-socket.h, I'll
try to prepare a patch later today.  As a quick fix to get it to compile, I
defined u_int8_t to unsigned char, Stevens had some autoconf rules to get
a relatively portable listing of types.

> Incompatibility of AIX-getaddrinfo ????

I'm noticing that this dist has a fake-getaddrinfo, you're using AIX's
native
version on 4.3.2?  In 4.2.1, the fake version seems defined when I
compiled.
Did you run ./configure --enable-ipv6 (which would definitely not use the
pre-packaged version)?