rhosts problem: usera on hosta connecting to userb on hostb ...

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Wed Jan 19 01:54:00 EST 2000

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Markus Friedl wrote:

> are you sure the client is allocating a reserved port?
> ssh -v? sshd -d? sbit on ssh?

IgnoreRhosts no
RhostsAuthentication no

tends to negate each other *sigh*

Fixed it and am checking over things now ...

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 04:20:38PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > okay, so far as i can tell, going from an SSH 1.2.26 client to an OpenSSH
> > pre25 server works ..its only going OpenSSH client->server that fails ...
> >
> > Still investigating, but maybe someone else has an idea?

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"