AIX openssh patches

David Rankin drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us
Thu Jan 20 05:32:34 EST 2000

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 12:33:55PM -0500, Matt Richards wrote:

> I have a few patches for AIX. The patchfile is attached below. The patch
> has been tested on AIX4.2 and AIX4.3. The patch is on openssh-1.2.1pre25,
> with openssl-0.94, using RSAref.

These are a good set of patches, but I propose that these be implemented
a bit differently (and yes, I'll be happy to do it, it'll just take a day
or so).

1> Don't use --with-aixauthenticate. Instead, autodetect AIX 4 and use
it without prompting.

2> Instead of the _AIX defines, I'd prefer to see #define used for each
differing item (i.e. unsigned long versus int, __inline versus inline, etc.),
preferably autodetecting using autoconf. I'll work on making this cleaner.

3> The Dante and SOCKS4/5 implementations are 99% alike. Rather than defining
the R* functions in config.h, I'd rather roll them all into one spot, where
they are now.

Any objections?

David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.