New liblogin release

Andre Lucas andre.lucas at dial.pipex.com
Thu Jan 20 09:07:07 EST 2000

Hi,

I've just put a new version of liblogin[1] on my website. This version
is fully tested on Linux RH6, OpenBSD, HPUX10.20 and Solaris 2.6. It may
well work on other systems now, as it supports login(), [uw]tmp,
[uw]tmpx, and lastlog (filemode only.)

If you're feeling adventurous, please check out the web page and try it
out.

By 'tested', I mean that the library is known to record the logins
so the 'who' and 'last' commands show correct information, and lastlog
information is recorded where its supported. I'd very much like to know
if it works on other systems or not. If you could send me the output of
'testlogin' (in the liblogin directory) when you try it, I would be very
grateful.

Can someone tell me which platforms have directory-mode lastlog? I need
to add that support in.

Thanks,
-Andre

[1] http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/andre.lucas/liblogin.html