AIX openssh patches

Matt Richards v2matt at btv.ibm.com
Sat Jan 22 07:19:16 EST 2000

Thus spake David Rankin (drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us):

> I think I found out. Our u_int*_t tests don't define u_int8_t. Could
> someone a bit more familiar with how that code works hack out a patch for
> this?

I found out the problem with AIX 4.3 and the patches. AIX4.3 has a
bug in getaddrinfo. The problem is known, but a patch has not been
released yet. So for now, I just commented out

#define HAVE_GETADDRINFO 1

in config.h (after the configure).

I did have to modify ssh.h a little to get the SOCKS4 and SOCKS5
stuff working correctly. The patch is included. Other than that,
ssh worked like a champ for AIX4.3.

I did have that u_int*t problem for AIX4.2, but Andre Lucas' patch
fixed that.

*** ssh.h.DIST	Fri Jan 21 14:50:45 2000
--- ssh.h	Fri Jan 21 14:45:32 2000
***************
*** 761,771 ****
  #define bind Rbind
  #define bindresvport Rbindresvport
  #define connect Rconnect
- #define gethostbyname Rgethostbyname
  #define gethostbyname2 Rgethostbyname2
- #define getpeername Rgetpeername
  #define getsockname Rgetsockname
- #define read Rread
  #define readv Rreadv
  #define recv Rrecv
  #define recvmsg Rrecvmsg
--- 761,768 ----
***************
*** 774,781 ****
  #define send Rsend
  #define sendmsg Rsendmsg
  #define sendto Rsendto
- #define write Rwrite
  #define writev Rwritev
  int     Raccept (int, struct sockaddr *, socklen_t *);
  int     Rbind (int, const struct sockaddr *, socklen_t);
  int	Rbindresvport(int , struct sockaddr_in *);
--- 771,785 ----
  #define send Rsend
  #define sendmsg Rsendmsg
  #define sendto Rsendto
  #define writev Rwritev
+
+ #ifndef HAVE_SOCKS4
+ #define gethostbyname Rgethostbyname
+ #define getpeername Rgetpeername
+ #define write Rwrite
+ #define read Rread
+ #endif
+
  int     Raccept (int, struct sockaddr *, socklen_t *);
  int     Rbind (int, const struct sockaddr *, socklen_t);
  int	Rbindresvport(int , struct sockaddr_in *);
***************
*** 802,815 ****
   * The following defines map the normal socket operations to SOCKSified
   * versions coming from the Dante SOCKS package.
   */
- #define accept SOCKSaccept
  #define bind SOCKSbind
  #define bindresvport SOCKSbindresvport
  #define connect SOCKSconnect
  #define gethostbyname SOCKSgethostbyname
  #define gethostbyname2 SOCKSgethostbyname2
- #define getpeername SOCKSgetpeername
- #define getsockname SOCKSgetsockname
  #define read SOCKSread
  #define readv SOCKSreadv