pine/openssh

Paul Heinlein heinlein at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Jul 6 06:56:14 EST 2000

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> The output of ssh in verbose mode would be preferable to tcpdumps. To
> capture this you might need to create a wrapper script that runs "ssh
> -v" and directs stderr to a log file. Use the wrapper instead of ssh
> in your pinerc.

Now here's an odd thing. If my .pinerc specifies an ssh-path that
points directly at /usr/local/bin/ssh, then pine will not connect to
our imap server in ssh mode (it falls back to plain-text imap
authentication).

Oddly, however, things work just fine under openssh-2.1.1p{1,2} if I
point ssh-path at a very simple wrapper script:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/ssh $* 2> /dev/null

. Paul Heinlein  <heinlein at cse.ogi.edu> . . . . . . . .
. Webmaster, Systems Administrator                    .
. Department of Computer Science and Engineering      .
. Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology .
. Beaverton, Oregon, USA                              .
. 503-748-1199      http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~heinlein/ .