ASCII mode for scp

douglas.manton at uk.ibm.com douglas.manton at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jul 12 02:07:46 EST 2000

Folks,

One feature of FTP that was useful in my environment was the ability to
add/remove LFs from ASCII files when moving them between PC and UNIX
systems.  I use scp in place of ftp wherever possible but have to manually
"tr -d" them on the other side.

Any way to implement this feature as an option?  If the file has CR/LFs
then strip or if the file has CRs add.

    e.g.   scp -a localfile.txt me at remotehost:remotefile.txt

Many thanks,
Doug Manton, AT&T EMEA Firewall and Security Solutions

             douglas.manton at uk.ibm.com
"This company has performed an illegal operation
and will be shut down. If the problem persists,
contact your vendor or appeal to a higher court"