Still a problem with openssh and rsaref

Jeremy Hansen jeremy at xxedgexx.com
Fri Jul 14 20:13:01 EST 2000

I have openssl linked against rsaref and rsaref libraries are in my path
but for some reason openssh now fails on SSLeay / OpenSSL tests.

checking for OpenSSL directory... configure: error: Could not find working SSLeay / OpenSSL libraries, please install

and config.log shows:

configure:2795: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -I/opt/openssl/include
-L/opt/openssl/lib -L/opt/openssl conftest.c -ldl -lnsl -lz  -lutil -lpam
-lcrypto 1>&5
/usr/bin/../lib/libcrypto.so: undefined reference to
`ERR_load_RSAREF_strings'
/usr/bin/../lib/libcrypto.so: undefined reference to `RSA_PKCS1_RSAref'

so why doesn't it seem to use my --with-ssl-dir, which points to /usr/lib,
also the test isn't including -lRSAglue -lrsaref.

I see that there has been problems with this in past versions of openssh,
but I didn't see anything that applies to 2.1.1p3.

Thanks for any help.
-jeremy

http://www.xxedgexx.com | jeremy at xxedgexx.com