Fix for ssh_prng_cmds on Solaris

Michael Herrmann herrmanm at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sat Jul 15 02:53:47 EST 2000

Hi all,

there ist a possibly minor Problem with the default
ssh_prng_cmds file on Solaris. On my system "arp" is detected to
be valid so configure inserts:

"arp -a -n" /usr/sbin/arp   0.02

I assume "-n" is supposed to turn off reverse-lookups on
hostnames. This does not work on Solaris. This option is ignored,
all hostnames are resolved and "arp -a" takes quite some time.

Dumping the arp-table on Solaris without resolving hostnames is
done with "netstat -pn". This works for at least Solaris
versions 2.5.1, 2.6, 7 and 8:

"netstat -pn" /usr/bin/netstat   0.02

Now if I only knew why ipcs takes so long ...

Regards,
    Michael