fatal: Not enough entropy in RNG

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Fri Jul 21 04:09:33 EST 2000

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 02:00:23PM -0400, Matthew C. Weigel wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
>
> > The integrated entropy collector should better not fail...
>
> But it can, at least on boring machines.  My HP running NeXTSTEP can
> *occasionally* get enough activity to let sshd start up, but tweaking
> /etc/ssh_prng_cmds to very high values still doesn't always work.

That's why I wrote PRNGD :-) You can get it from my site in the Postfix/TLS
path. Since I announced it on openssl-users, I have seen several downloads
in my ftp-log, but did not receive any comment about it.
If you port it to NeXTSTEP, your input would be welcome :-)

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/