Solaris utmp problems

Tom Bertelson tbert at abac.com
Thu Jun 1 04:37:45 EST 2000

Damien Miller wrote:

> Could all those who were having problems with utmp logging on Solaris
> please try the test release at:
>
> http://violet.ibs.com.au/openssh/files/test/openssh-TEST-2000053100.tar.gz
>
> Users on other platforms, particularly HP/UX, AIX and SCO are invited
> as well, to test compatibility.

On AIX, utmp is updated correctly, but not wtmp.

If config.h contains

#define HAVE_PUTUTXLINE
#undef HAVE_UPDWTMPX

or

#define HAVE_PUTUTLINE
#undef HAVE_UPDWTMP

no code is created in bsd-login.c to update wtmp.  If anyone knows the
correct way to update wtmp using putut{,x}line I'll be happy to patch
and test it.  In the meantime I'll do a little experimenting...

Oh, and line 128 of bsd-login.c should probably read
"# if defined(HAVE_UPDWTMP)"
--
Tom Bertelson           "Any sufficiently advanced technology
RHI Consulting           is indistinguishable from magic."