2.1.0p3 and next.

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Thu Jun 8 00:22:22 EST 2000

No luck.  I played with it for a good hour and half I even dug into
the NeXT OS and starting looking for strange and unique platform
commands that gave random output.

Oh well.

BTW.  OpenSSH 2.1.0p3 is running on 4.2 OpenStep Black hardware.  The
'make install' works (yippy thanks whoever submitted those patches),
but we pretty much have the same issues as with 1.2.x series.

1) utmp is still broken as of this moment.
2) "setsockopt IPTOS_LOWDELAY: Invalid argument"  error still
   occurs on connection - It's seems harmless, but I suspect that
   NeXT lacks the whole IPTOS_LOWDELAY concept.
3) scp won't compile and I don't remember the reason right off
   hand.

But Protocol 2 seems to work from OpenSSH to OpenSSH on NeXT =) That's
at least good.

Matt Weigel and I should hopefully have OpenSSL and OpenSSH patches
for at least NIH rought support in the next few days.

For those running NeXT and you want to try the current version I'm
working on.

ftp://ftp.pconline.com/users/mouring/openssh-next210p3.tar.gz

The 'configure' script works correctly now.

Damien, How do you want me attempt to package the routines required
to give NeXT enought posix routines to run.  At this moment 95% of
all my code is in next-fixup.[ch].  With only a few minor patches
to other files?

-Ben