getrusage() privileged on Solaris 2.5.1

Paul D. Smith pausmith at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Jun 13 05:50:25 EST 2000

The builtin entropy gathering code in OpenSSH 2.1.1p1 tries to use
getrusage() if it's available.

This function is available on Solaris 2.5.1, but you must have root
permissions to run it.

However, configure.in uses only AC_CHECK_FUNCS() to look for getrusage,
and this only tests for a successful link.  For this function you need
to do a more thorough check and actually try to run a test program with
getrusage() to see if the user has permissions to run it.

In the meantime I've had to hardwire config.h to disable HAVE_GETRUSAGE.

Thanks.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith at baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development