2.2.1p1 / AIX 4.2.1.0.06 login nits

Matthew Clarke Matthew_Clarke at mindlink.bc.ca
Tue Jun 13 10:28:40 EST 2000

Hi.

New (2.1.1p1) login code is nicer on AIX (4.2.1.0.06).  Thanks.

A couple of issues, though, which I haven't really dug into yet.  I'm
wondering if anyone else has seen them?  If not, I'll investigate &
report.

1.	If I set "UseLogin" to "yes", everything seems fine except that
	the authentication agent forwarding doesn't work.  The "SSH"
	environment variables don't get propagated through to the user's
	shell.

2.	If I set "UseLogin" to "no", the above problem disappears, but the
	user's resource limits are not set from /etc/security/limits.  In
	my case, the server inherits the hard limit on stack size (16384)
	from the parent process (init), and that's not enough stack space
	to load the C compiler, among other things.  :(

Thoughts?
Matt.
--
Any research done on how to efficiently use computers has been long lost
in the mad rush to upgrade systems to do things that aren't needed by