AW: oh non!! grrr.... :)

Bladt Norbert Norbert.Bladt at adi.ch
Thu Jun 15 23:51:59 EST 2000

Damien Miller wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Patrick Amirian wrote:

> >> new problem!
> >>  I managed to have my openssh find the openssl libraries, I had to
> create 2
> >>  symlinks in the ../openssl directory pointing to the 2 ??.a files in
> >> /openssl/lib/
>
> You can do something like:

> CFLAGS=-I../openssl/include LDFLAGS=-L../openssl/lib ./configure

> to tell configure where to find the headers and libraries.
What I had to do was something like this to get it configured.
First to set the location of the zlib include and library files
and second the location of the openssl include files and libraries.

CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib" ./configure --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/openssl

it took me hours (on a very slow system) to figure this one out.
The above two lines are  in fact just one command line.

L8R,

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt