SIA support patches for Tru64 UNIX

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sun Jun 18 14:58:10 EST 2000

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, John P Speno wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 09:59:55PM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> >
> > Do you have a diff against any of the 2.x.x OpenSSH versions?
>
> I do know. SIA support patches for 2.x are here:

I am going through these right now, but this is concerning:

> auth-sia.c
>
> Author: Tom Woodburn <woodburn at zk3.dec.com>
>
> Helper functions for using the SIA (Security Integration Architecture)
> functions of Tru64 UNIX.
>
> Copyright (c) 1999 SSH Communications Security Oy, Espoo, Finland
>                    and Compaq Computer Corporation

What license is this code under? If it is to be integrated, it needs
to be under a BSD licence (cf. the start of atomicio.c).

Why the copyright for SSH Communications Security? If sections of this
code are based on commercial SSH code, they cannot be integrated.

Regards,
Damien Miller