PATCH: login reporting (utmp?) problem on Linux

Rip Loomis loomisg at cist.saic.com
Thu Jun 22 13:45:39 EST 2000

For validation:

I just built 2.1.1p1 in two separate source
trees on a SPARC 20 (Solaris 7, gcc 2.95.2).
One was the "vanilla" 2.1.1p1, and the other
had Garrick's one-line patch to aclocal.m4
applied (after which I had to autoreconf as
stated in his original message).

After stripping both sets of binaries, they're
100% identical--so at least on Solaris, Garrick's
patch doesn't break anything.  I would recommend
including it into the mainline portable code.

	--Rip

Rip Loomis
Security Engineer
Center for Information Security Technology
http://www.cist.saic.com