Probs with Solaris 2.6

Dave Edwards davo at chunga.apana.org.au
Thu Jun 22 22:14:20 EST 2000

'Chiaki Ishikawa scribbled..'

> >This dropped my session of course, big deal I thought, but the
> >host dropped to single user mode and stopped accepting
> >connections.  This leads me to suspect that events on a
> >redirected session inside an ssh session, can effect the health
> >of the box the client is run on..
>
> This sounds to me a
>
> 	kill (-1, whatever)

You got it in one!

Sorry folks, I'm wiping egg off my face here.  There was another
script running (perl) as root that depended on the port redirection
and it was doing a kill -HUP $pid when it lost it's tcp connection.
Unfortunately, $pid was gotten from a wait() and I wasn't checking
the return value..

We still have a problem with the same host rebooting at random,
but I can't recreate this on the test bench though, so It's probably
just co-incident with a hardware problem.

Thanks for the help.

ciao
dave
--