2.1.1p1 Timestamp problem?

Richard West Richard.West at divatv.com
Tue Jun 27 01:33:41 EST 2000

I've been running OpenSSH for quite some time now, and I have been
acting more as the point man in making the builds for LinuxPPC as well
as distributing it to the Linux for the PowerPC community.

Things have worked rather well, making it a straight rebuild of the
package.  However, a new problem was introduced with 2.1.1p1.  It's not
critical, but a little more than a simple annoyance.

For some reason, now, running 2.1.1p1, the timestamp in wtmp is always
Dec 31 19:00.  So, for example, if you type "who" or "last", those users
who have logged in via ssh are listed as logging into the system on Dec
31 as well as having been logged in for a heck of a long time. :)

Backing down to the previous port, 2.1.0p2, restored the system back to
a fully functioning state.  I went through this on two separate boxes
with the same results...

Not knowing just how to solve this, I thought I would send it into the
list in the hopes that either (1) it was a known issue and being
addressed or (2) it was not a known issue and will be addressed. :)

Either way, thanks!

-Rich

Richard West                            mailto:richard.west at divatv.com
Sr. Systems Administrator