spec file

Mate Wierdl mw at moni.msci.memphis.edu
Tue Mar 7 06:45:48 EST 2000

I have looked into the spec file for the openssh rpm.
In the %preun stanza, I noticed that the currently running sshd is
stopped only when removing the package.  On the other hand, it is
theoretically possible that a new version of openssh may install files
which would make the old sshd misbehave.

So I think, it is better to stop sshd every time the package is
upgraded.

Also, the %post stanza for the server package, starts sshd.  But what
if the upgrade is done in single user mode?  The sysV initscript does
not check if networking is up---it just seems to start the service no
matter what.

Best,

Mate

---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis