openssl and rsa

Mate Wierdl mw at moni.msci.memphis.edu
Thu Mar 9 14:00:52 EST 2000

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 07:04:01PM -0500, Ben Taylor wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Mate Wierdl wrote:
>
> > The openssl list does not seem to respond to this, so let me ask you
> > here:
> >
> > my librsaref.a is in /space/local/lib.  How do I tell about this to
> > openssl's config/make?
>

> > Also, how do I tell config/make to use /usr/ccs/bin/ld instead of the
> > default (gnu linker has problems on Solaris).
>
> env "PATH=/usr/ccs/bin:${PATH} LDFLAGS=-L/space/local/lib -I/space/local/include" ./configure
>
> This should take care of it.

Sorry, but openssl has only config, and not configure, and as the name
hints, it does not take these variables.  For example:

grep LD openssl-0.9.5/config |wc -l
       0
grep LD openssh-1.2.2/configure|wc -l
      13

In any case, I am just trying to see clearly here: is librsaref.a
needed for a working openssh?  In other words, do I need to compile
openssl with rsaref specified for config?  (I see that the openssl rpm
does not specify this option, but it does install libRSAglue.a the
function of which is not clear to me.)

Thx, as always

Mate