problems running configure

peter at frontierflying.com peter at frontierflying.com
Sat Mar 11 07:14:25 EST 2000

I am trying to run the configure script under SuSE 6.3 and get the same
error message that others have seen being unable to find working openssl
libraries. I tried the patch to configure.in suggested in this list but it
did not solve my problem.

openssl(latest version) compiled and installed with no problems in
/usr/local/ssl. I then installed the ssl mods for apache and the
compilation, installation and operation of apache seemed to be trouble
free. It seems like the openssl libraries are in fact installed correctly.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

peter