problems running configure

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Sat Mar 11 09:36:09 EST 2000

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Mate Wierdl wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 04:13:33PM -0600, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
> >
> > Two Places..
> >
> >                 LIBS="$saved_LIBS -L$ssldir"
> >                 CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -I$ssldir/include"
> >                 if test "x$need_dash_r" = "x1" ; then
> >                         LIBS="$LIBS -R$ssldir"
> >
> > both LIBS lines have to change.. as stated about 4 times on this
> > list now in the last few days.
>
> OK.  Look at my configure lines
>
> LDFLAGS="-L/space/local/lib" \
> LIBS="-L/space/local/lib" \
> CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -I/space/local/include" \
> LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld ./configure  --prefix=/space/local \
> 				--with-ssl-dir=/space/local/lib

Note the above code and what your doing.

 --with-ssl-dir  is a *BASE* directory.

It attempts to add on $BASE/include to find the header files.
So in your case it's trying to find the header files at
"/space/local/lib/include"

If you change the LIBS= lines in the above configure file
(ignore configure.in unless you want to build a new configure
file) to reflect:

1st spot: LIBS="$saved_LIBS -L$ssldir/lib"
2nd spot: LIBS="$LIBS -R$ssldir/lib"

The above fix has solved the problem on NeXT and Linux at my home.

Note.. the configure.in is file is wrong and the above correction is
the same for it.

Can we get a 1.2.2p2 with this patch and the other minor ones suggested
so we can put this issue to rest?