rsaref test

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Tue Mar 14 09:36:47 EST 2000

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 03:19:03PM -0600, Mate Wierdl wrote:
> Is it true that configure tests for the existence of librsaref.a, and
> if it finds it, it assumes that that rsaref is supposed to be used---*even
> if openssl was not built with rsaref support* ?

My understanding of things is that OpenSSH doesn't care either way; the
RSA routines are all accessed through OpenSSL's libcrypto.  The only check
OpenSSH's configure script makes is to see if librsaglue is installed,
which signals that OpenSSL was built with rsaref.  OpenSSH reports this,
but except for that, has no use for the information.

Nalin