SSH-Trouble

Magnus Holmberg pucko at lysator.liu.se
Tue Mar 14 14:31:20 EST 2000

I have some trouble to get openssh to work with X11Forwarding.

I have installed it on 2 machines with ecactly the same configfiles.

If I use ssh from machine B to machine A X11Forwaring works but from A to
B X11Forwarding only works when I ssh as root.

The error message I get is:

X connection to B:12.0 broken (explicit kill or
server shutdown).

Here is the debug output from sshd:

[root at b202 /root]# sshd -d -p 2222
debug: sshd version OpenSSH-1.2.2
debug: Bind to port 2222 on 0.0.0.0.
Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 2222.
Generating 768 bit RSA key.
RSA key generation complete.
debug: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
Connection from 192.168.0.1 port 1913
debug: Client protocol version 1.5; client software version OpenSSH-1.2.2
debug: Sent 768 bit public key and 1024 bit host key.
debug: Encryption type: 3des
debug: Received session key; encryption turned on.
debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug: Starting up PAM with username "pucko"
debug: Attempting authentication for pucko.
Failed rsa for pucko from 192.168.0.1 port 1913
debug: PAM Password authentication accepted for user "pucko"
Accepted password for pucko from 192.168.0.1 port 1913
debug: PAM setting rhost to "pucko.local"
debug: Allocating pty.
debug: Received request for X11 forwarding with auth spoofing.
debug: Socket family 10 not supported [X11 disp create]
debug: bind port 6010: Address alredy in use
debug: Socket family 10 not supported [X11 disp create]
debug: bind port 6011: Address already in use
debug: Socket family 10 not supported [X11 disp create]
debug: channel 0: new [X11 inet listener]
debug: Forking shell.
debug: PAM setting tty to "/dev/pts/2"
debug: PAM establishing creds
debug: Entering interactive session.
debug: Setting controlling tty using TIOCSCTTY.
debug: X11 connection requested.
debug: channel 1: new [X11 connection from B port
1031]
debug: Received channel open confirmation.
debug: Received channel close confirmation.
debug: channel 1: INPUT_OPEN -> INPUT_CLOSED [rvcd OCLOSE, send IEOF]
debug: channel 1: shutdown_read
debug: Received channel close.
debug: channel 1: OUTPUT_OPEN -> OUTPUT_WAIT_DRAIN [rvcd IEOF]
debug: channel 1: OUTPUT_WAIT_DRAIN -> OUTPUT_CLOSED [obuf empty, send
OCLOSE]
debug: channel 1: shutdown_write
debug: channel 1: full closed

And when I login I get this:

Environment:
  USER=pucko
  LOGNAME=pucko
  HOME=/home/pucko
  PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
  MAIL=/var/spool/mail/pucko
  SHELL=/bin/bash
  SSH_CLIENT=192.168.0.1 1913 2222
  SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/2
  TERM=xterm
  DISPLAY=B:12.0
  XAUTHORITY=/tmp/Xauthrl1311
Running /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth add B:12.0
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 298a198449785459dce1f9d8571604fe
[pucko at b202 pucko]$ rxvt

X connection to B:12.0 broken (explicit kill or
server shutdown).

Can someone help me?

/M