Pb with password

Xavier COUDIN xavier.coudin at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 3 11:40:37 EST 2000

Hi I am trying to user OpenSSH under Linux RH 5.2

I am facing this problem :

OpenSSH is working almost well, with with 1 big and SERIOUS exception :

whatever the password I give (except empty password) , the connection is
accepted. This make anybody can me intrusion into my computer by giving any
kind of password.

I belive the problem is coming from the PAM functionnality, an especially the
file "/etc/pam.d/sshd". I am right ?

If yes (and also if NO ) please can somebedy tell my the solution, and
eventually send me the correct version of the  file "/etc/pam.d/sshd"

 --
Xavier COUDIN <xavier.coudin at wanadoo.fr>
membre de l'AFUL-Lorraine